Gift Card Terms &Conditions
Last updated: 6 Apr 2021
1. These terms and conditions tell you about the legal terms and conditions which apply to your purchase and use of digital The Sinclair Gallery gift cards.
2. These gift card terms apply to pounds sterling gift cards purchased online through The Sinclair Gallery website (www.thesinclairgallery.com).
3. The Sinclair Gallery reserves the right to update and change the terms and conditions of our The Sinclair Gallery gift cards at any time. This does not affect your legal rights. Use of your The Sinclair Gallery gift card constitutes acceptance of our Terms and Conditions and we therefore recommend you read them carefully. It is your responsibility to check these gift card terms from time to time to ensure you are aware of any changes which may have been made. The Sinclair Gallery gift cards remain the property of The Sinclair Gallery who maintains the right to cancel the card in its sole discretion in situations where it is deemed necessary to do so (such as to comply with applicable laws or as a result of circumstances beyond its control).
4. The value of your The Sinclair Gallery gift card can be redeemed in The Sinclair Gallery, 126 High Street, Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, WD3 1AB, UK or online at provided the gift card is redeemed within the redemption period applicable to the jurisdiction where the gift card was originally purchased.
By way of example, a The Sinclair gallery gift card purchased in the UK shall have a redemption period of 12 months from the date of issue.
5. The gift card balance cannot be exchanged for cash or redeemed against the purchase of another card.
6. The maximum amount that an individual The Sinclair Gallery gift card can hold is £5000.00; this limit cannot be exceeded by performing balance transfers. The Sinclair Gallery will provide you with specific denominations to choose from.
7. Your The Sinclair Gallery gift card is valid for a period of 12 months from the date of activation (the date of dispatch of your order) following which they expire automatically. A gift card cannot be used after the expiry date and any remaining balance will be removed and the card will become invalid and no longer available for use. We have no obligation to remind or inform you of a gift card’s expiry and it is your sole responsibility to ensure that any balance is used in full prior to expiry.
8. A Gift Card expires automatically once its balance has been exhausted. A Gift Card may be topped up with additional funds provided the gift card is still valid and has not yet expired.
9. Gift Cards may be used to pay for the whole or any part of an online order or in-store purchase.
10. Only one gift card may be used per online order or in-store purchase.
Lost/ Stolen/ Damaged
11. You are solely responsible for the safe keeping and security of your gift card following purchase. In cases where your The Sinclair Gallery gift card information is lost or stolen, The Sinclair Gallery is unable to replace or reimburse the remaining balance on a card. The Sinclair Gallery cannot be held responsible for the any balance lost on a The Sinclair Gallery gift card as a result of theft or fraud. All The Sinclair Gallery gift cards have a unique PIN number which is required for online purchases. The Sinclair Gallery cannot be held responsible for any unauthorised use where the card number and/ or PIN have become known to another party.
Crediting a The Sinclair Gallery gift card
12. Please retain an expired gift card should you wish to return your purchase. Any goods paid for using a gift card that are subsequently returned for a refund will be credited to the original gift card or in the event that you have discarded or misplaced your original card, issued on a new The Sinclair Gallery gift card. For returns where part payment was taken from a gift card, the refund will be credited to your gift card in the first instance.
13. If a partial refund is made for any purchase using a The Sinclair Gallery gift card and another method of payment, then any refund amount owing will be credited to the The Sinclair Gallery gift card in the first instance.
14. If the total to be refunded is more than originally paid by The Sinclair Gallery gift card, then any remaining refund balance will be refunded to the other method of payment used by you (i.e. debit/credit card or cash).
Governing Law and jurisdiction
16. These conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. You agree, as we do, to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
By buying one of our gift card you are accepting these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them.